What are the actives in our Bio Stellar - C serum: Vitamin C and B & Hyaluronic Acid!
What are their benefits: In short - everything!
How does Vitamin C help the skin?
- promotes collagen production that has potential to diminish fine lines.
- Is an antioxidant which means it protects your skin cells from damaging free radicals caused by UV exposure.
- Inhibits melanin production which in-turn helps to lighten hyperpigmentation and brown spots and help to even tone the skin and enhance radiance.
- Vitamin C helps repair from sun damage by causing healthy cell turnover and regeneration.
How does vitamin B (niacinamide) help the skin?
- Niacinamide helps build keratin a type of protein that keeps your skin firm and healthy.
- Niacinamide can help your skin grow a ceramide (lipid) barrier, which can, in turn help retain moisture. This is beneficial for all skin types, especially if you have eczema or mature skin.
- Minimizes redness and blotchiness. Niacinamide reduces inflammation which may help ease redness from eczema, acne and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Minimizes pore appearance. Keeping skin smooth and moisturised, may have a secondary benefit — a natural reduction in pore size over time.
- Regulates oil. The benefits of moisture retention aren’t just for those with dry skin types. Niacinimide can also help regulate the amount of oil the sebaceous oil glands and prevent your glands from going into overdrive.
- Protects against sun damage. Niacinamide can concurrently rebuild healthy skin cells while also protecting them from damage caused by ultraviolet rays.
- Treats hyperpigmentation.
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles.
- Protects against oxidative stress. Niacinamide helps build cells in the skin while also protecting them from environmental stresses, such as sunlight, pollution, and toxins.
- Treats acne. Niacinamide may be helpful for severe acne. Over time, you may see fewer lesions and improved skin texture.
How does Hyaluronic Acid help the skin?
Skin hydration – keeps your skin moisturised, plump and radiant
Anti-wrinkle properties – due to its capacity to retain large amounts of water, skin stays moisturised and helps to prevent the development of wrinkles, and fills in already present wrinkles to reduce their appearance.
Antioxidant – helps to keep skin looking healthy.
How to use it
Apply this serum in the mornings — that is, after cleansing and before applying moisturiser and sunscreen. Apply at night after cleansing and toning and before your moisturiser.
Always apply to a damp skin for deep absorption. We recommend a spray of toner to prep the skin just before application.
- During day time use, sun screen is mandatory with this serum. Application: 3-4 drops at a time to face, neck and décolletage area.
Then, be patient. Most skin care products take time to start working, you won’t notice any significant changes in your skin for 3-4 weeks. If you have sensitive skin, do a skin test first (see our patch test guide in blogs), as the high acidity can be irritating.